Summer is coming to an end and school has started back up for the kids, but that doesn’t mean the fun has to end. Weekends are a perfect chance to get away and make more great memories with your family. Rent a van from Value Van and Car Rental, and enter a magical world where knights, dragons, pirates, and fairies come out to play. Coming up on September 15th and 16th is a wonderfully unique opportunity to go back in time with your family to when romance and chivalry abound at the Lakewood Renaissance Faire!
Food and Entertainment
Lakewood Lions Renaissance Faire is celebrating its 37th year in putting on the largest event of its kind in this area. Travel back to 16th century Europe, and explore the bustling marketplace where you can choose from period foods such as roasted turkey legs, fish n’ chips, steak on a stick, dragon dogs, cheese sticks, and funnel cakes. Some other attractions to look forward to include:
- Hundreds of costumed characters to interact with in merriment and mayhem.
- Try your hand at archery to see if you’re the next Robin Hood.
- Dress up your 10 and under children to enter them in a chance to be crowned the Faire’s King and Queen.
- Watch the gallant knights compete in a jousting tournament.
- Visit the lanes filled with storytellers, musicians, dancers, and villagers.
- Enjoy a show on the caravan stage featuring belly dancers, tribal dancers, and gypsy dancers.
- Finally, visit the main stage to see sword swallowers, comedians, magicians, sword fighters, wizards, jugglers, stilt walkers, poets, and more!