As you prepare to rent a vehicle for your next road trip adventure out of Newark, NJ, you will find you have multiple options. What type of car should you get? What model? What features do you need? Before you make your decision, it’s a good idea to do some research and learn a few key details about the different types of vehicles you have to choose from. One of the most common debates is whether to opt for a sedan or an SUV rental, so our team at Value Van and Car Rental has put together a guide to help you decide.
- Sedans are very fuel-efficient. If you rent a newer model and plan to drive many miles on paved roads, you can reduce the overall cost of your trip.
- Easier to drive, especially in cities.
- Cheaper to rent, so they’re easier on your budget
- Sedans offer many advanced safety features, which can offer peace of mind for those traveling with kids.
- Sedans come in varying levels or luxury, so you can choose to upgrade and ride in style.
- On the downside, sedans are not built to tow anything or go off-road, and are therefore not ideal if you want to go camping.
- SUVs have a lot more space, from the seating area all the way to the trunk. If you are traveling with a lot of luggage and passengers, or you are driving for long periods of time, SUVs are far more comfortable.
- Comes in both mid-size and full-size options.
- All-wheel drive makes them much better for off-roading or traveling through an area suffering from extreme weather conditions or flooding.
- Higher visibility makes them safer to drive.
- Great towing capabilities.
- On the downside, SUVs do not get as good of gas mileage, and can be harder to drive in the city.
Use these facts to help you decide between a sedan or an SUV for your next road trip. You can’t go wrong with either option when you rent from Value Van and Car Rental. We offer competitive pricing on our high quality, trustworthy rentals, and even have special discounts to save you more. Contact us today at (908) 851-9595 to make a reservation, or book online anytime.