If you are looking for a great weekend getaway for the whole family, look no further than Lambertville, NJ. Located just over an hour from Newark, Lambertville is a quaint, historic town that has plenty to see and do. The curious visitor will find antique shops, art galleries, specialty stores, bed and breakfasts, and plenty of good restaurants. The city’s riverfront is a popular family activity center for rafting, tubing, kayaking, canoeing, and river trolleys. You’ll have no trouble finding things to do in Lambertville, but here are some top recommendations from Value Van and Car Rental.
- Howell Living History Farm- A 200-year old family farm located in a pristine, rural valley. The farm has a wide variety of programs and events for the whole family.
- D&R Canal Towpath- The D&R Canal towpath runs through Lambertville, connecting it to towns further north and south. The canal path offers a scenic trail for cyclists and hikers of all ages and skill levels to enjoy.
- Steamboat Floating Classroom- This attraction features a replica of an 1880 stern wheeler that takes you down a two-mile voyage of adventure on the Delaware River, and runs from May until October. It’s also a great way to see the Friday night fireworks.
- Chimney Hill Estate Inn- Ideal for a romantic weekend at the edge of town. They offer 13 distinct guest rooms, each tastefully decorated with period furnishings. All have private baths and many have canopied beds and fireplaces, and even jacuzzis.
- Inn at Lambertville Station- Lambertville’s largest bed & breakfast is family-friendly. The inn is three stories tall, with most rooms having a scenic view of the river. There is a large restaurant and pub on-site.
- Inn of the Hawke- Built in the early 1860s, this landmark institution is a traditional tavern, with a great pub downstairs and six guest rooms upstairs. It is located several blocks from center of town.
You might need more than just a weekend to see all that Lambertville has to offer! Once you decide where you are going to go, you just need a way to get there. Book your rental car, van, or SUV from Value Van and Car Rental by calling us today at (908) 851-9595, or make a reservation online anytime.