Sometimes those summer days with the kids can be hard to fill. Are you looking for a great day-trip that’ll keep those little ones busy and engaged this summer? Located about two hours from Union City, the Fire Muster and Firefighters Family Day makes a fantastic adventure that’s both fun and educational. Our crew at Value Van & Car Rental highly recommends it, and here’s why.
Fun for Everyone
For 38 years, the Wheaton Arts and Glasstown Antique Fire Brigade has presented the Fire Muster and Firefighters Family Day. It is a free outdoor event located at the Wheaton Arts and Cultural Center on August 19th from 10 a.m. to 4 p.m.
A few favorite attractions include:
- 80 antique fire trucks from the Mid-Atlantic states on display.
- Firefighter training and skills competition to show how firefighters battle fires.
- Water barrel fight where two opposing teams try to move a barrel suspended on a cable to opposite ends using a high-pressure fire hose.
- A bucket brigade where each team is timed as they carry water to the roof of a small building in buckets.
- Firefighting demonstrations, including pumping displays of fire hoses on numerous fire trucks.